Get Rid of Millipedes Today!
While outside millipedes may be nature’s friendly little recycles, however once inside your home they are more of a nuisance. However, with Rainbow Pest Expert’s Spring Insect Service or Pest Prevention Plan, say goodbye to your creepy multi-legged visitor. Contact our experts to schedule your consultation today!
Contact the Experts
What Can You Expect With Our Millipedes Service?
Why need an expert when you can do-it-yourself you may ask? Although there are do-it-yourself products out on the market you can use to kill any millipede in sight, it does not target the source of the problem and prevent future infestations. Long term success requires an integrated approach.
Unlike other pest control companies, our experts want to help you with your pest issue and not to sell you a plan you don’t need or want. Our experts:
- Provide a thorough inspection of your home is conducted to identify the source of infestation and the species by our highly trained and experienced staff. Our experts will identify possible barriers that will prevent the success of control.
- A detailed control and prevention plan is created and tailored to your goals and your home’s needs.
- Our experts only use an EPA approved, professional grade microencapsulated insecticide product designed to withstand a variety of weather elements such as wind, rain & cold. Once dry (about 45 minutes) the product is safe to the touch. It will not stain or damage your siding, paint or foliage.
- We offer an optional Foundation Sealing Service to minimize the number of millipedes from enter into your home with the added benefit of sealing out other common insects as well.
- We work with you to implement an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach combining education, cultural practices such as sanitation, altering the targeted pest’s habitat and chemical applications when necessary to achieve lasting results.
Our treatment starts working within 60 minutes of application and lasts up to 60 days.
Are Millipedes Harmful?
Millipedes are not dangerous nor are they are not known to carry any diseases that may put you or your family’s health at risk. When threaten millipedes generally respond by curling into themselves to protect their soft bellies. However, when handled, there are some millipede species they can emit a smelly hydrochloric acid fluid that might irritate your eyes or discolor or burn your skin. Millipedes should therefore, not be handled with your bare hands. If you or a family member does handle a millipede, be sure to wash the hands thoroughly with soap until the smell is gone.
Can I Get Rid Of Millipedes Myself?
Millipedes come into your home for one of two reasons. They are attracted to the heat escaping from your home through cracks in the foundation, ground-level windows, and under doors as they look for protected areas to over-winter. Or they are seeking environments with less moisture due to excessive rainfall or ground moisture in early spring.
There a few step you can take to prevent millipedes from entering your home and get rid of one or two millipedes you find crawling through your home. You can:
- Remove leaf litter and mulch from around the foundation of your home to reduce the population entering your home because they live in and eat decaying organic material.
- Keep areas of the home that are usually high in moisture, such as basements, dry to discourage millipedes and other insects. Millipedes usually die very quickly once inside your home due to a lack of readily available moisture.
- Vacuum them up if you see them.
However, if you have large infestation in your home, professional help is required. We offer multiple service options that will fit your situation and needs. Combine any of our pest services with our Foundation Sealing Service will not only take care of your current millipede infestation, but also prevent future infestations. Our experts use the highest quality professional material to sealing holes and cracks in the foundation of your home followed by an application of a preventative barrier treatment around the exterior of your home. Unlike many store bought products, the products our experts use break down quickly to minimize any long-term threat to the environment. In ideal conditions the products will maintain effectiveness for up to three months. Our experts not only have the knowledge to get rid of your pest problem, but also the best quality tools and skills that will save you time and money.
Additional Millipedes Facts
- Are not insects but are in fact arthropods
- Are some of the oldest animals to live on land
- Depending on the species, millipedes can live as long as 10 years