Get Rid of Mosquitoes Today!
No one enjoys a mosquito bite, and unfortunately we rarely get just one. Eliminate the incessant swatting, buzzing and biting of mosquitoes for your next outdoor social event or home BBQ. With Rainbow Pest Expert’s Biting Pest Service, you can enjoy your summer nights with friends and family without being eaten alive. Contact our experts to schedule your service today!
Contact the Experts
What Can You Expect With Our Mosquito Service?
Although there are do-it-yourself products available on the market, they are often ineffective or only manage to kill a few mosquitoes here and there. In addition, store bought products can be potentially harmful to you or your family if not mixed according to the label or if misapplied.
With our Biting Pests Service, our experts will take the stress out of controlling your mosquito problem. Our experts will apply a mist treatment around the perimeter of your property that, will immediately knockdown adult mosquitoes. This treatment can be done up to 48 hours before your outdoor event and is highly effective. Control generally lasts up to three weeks. With this application, you will be able to enjoy any event in comfort and a peace of mind.
Are Mosquitoes Harmful?
Mosquitoes can be more than just irritating with their persistent buzzing and biting. In most cases, mosquito bites cause mild to severe itching. They are, however, known carriers of diseases. They transmit numerous diseases such as West Nile virus, dengue, and encephalitis. These diseases can be deadly to you, your family and your guests, if infected and left untreated. The best protection against these diseases is to limit your exposure to mosquito bites.
Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes Myself?
You cannot completely eradicate mosquitoes from around your home; however, there are some steps that you can take in combination with professional help to control the population. To reduce the mosquito population around your home and to protect you and your family from being bitten:
- Keep lawn mow and remove woodpiles or other structures that may provide shelter
- Reduce available breeding grounds by removing stagnant water from buckets, flower pot dishes, bird baths, etc.
- Wear light colored clothing
- Cover up exposed skin with long clothing, preferably clothing made from cotton, which allows for breathability
- Refrain from using lights that attract mosquitoes at night such as sodium lights or fluorescent lights
- Apply an EPA approved mosquito repellant when you’re outside at dusk or at night.
By combining the control of the larval stage with the control of the adult stage when you contact our experts, you will greatly reduce the population of adult mosquito buzzing and biting you.
Additional Mosquitoes Facts
- Not all mosquito species feed on people, some prefer other animals
- Out of the 3,500 known species, 50 species are native to Minnesota
- Only female mosquitoes feed on blood, males feed on nectar
*NOTE: A minimum of 80-85% control can be expected.