Get Rid of Ants Today!
For the more bizarre and adventurous foodie, ants are seen as a delicacy. However, you may not be so keen on eating such a bizarre meal or sharing the food with them. Protect your home with Rainbow Pest Experts’ one-time Ant Service or Pest Prevention Plans. Speak with one of our experts to learn more and schedule your service today!
Contact the Experts
What Can You Expect With Our Ant Service?
Yes, you can easily look up advice on how you can get rid of ants yourself online. However, do-it-yourself projects can quickly get overwhelming. In addition, the answers you find online may not address why you need an expert to get rid of your ant problem. In fact, you’ll most likely still be left wondering how our Ant Service is any different than other pest control companies or even why need professional help when you can do-it-yourself. Our experts will:
- Conduct a thorough inspection of your home to identify the source and species by our highly trained and experienced staff. The identification of the species of ant infesting your home is critical to determining how our experts will proceed. Carpenter ants are dealt with differently than other ant species.
- Identify possible barriers that will prevent the success of control.
- Provide detailed control and prevention plan is created and tailored to your goals and your home’s needs.
- Our experts only use an EPA approved, professional grade microencapsulated insecticide product designed to withstand a variety of weather elements such as wind, rain & cold. The product is safe to the touch once dry (about 45 minutes). It will not stain or damage your siding, paint or foliage.
- Offer an optional Foundation Sealing Service to minimize the number of ants from entering your home. The added benefit of this service is that it helps seal out other common insects as well.
- We work with you to implement an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to deliver lasting results. This approach combines education, cultural practices such as sanitation, altering the targeted pest’s habitat and with treatments when necessary.
Our Ant Service comes with a 90-day warranty for pavement ants and a six-month warranty for carpenter ants. Expect control to last for the duration of the warranty.
Are Ants Harmful?
The species of ants commonly found in Minnesota are relatively harmless and are more of a nuisance. They are:
- Known to bite and sting although, only when provoked.
- Not poisonous to humans or pets.
- Not known to carry any diseases dangerous to humans; however, they can quickly infest the home.
- Extremely destructive. Once inside they inflict considerable structural damage. They destroy food that is not properly stored, especially foods high in sugar, fats, and proteins.
Can I Get Rid Of Ants Myself?
It is possible to get rid of ants with a do-it-yourself project; however, it can be time-consuming, expensive, and ineffective. Store bought insecticides only kill visible ants and does not target the other ants in your home that may be hiding. In addition, store-bought insecticides have the potential for mishandling or misapplication with the potential to cause harm to you, your family and pets. In addition, with a large infestation, the large numbers can quickly become overwhelming.
Our experts implement an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to prevent, exclude and reduce the population of ants in your home. This management approach provides the best long-term results. This approach includes:
- Sealing all cracks and openings in the foundation of your home, doors, and window. Apply high-quality professional grade caulking and silicone sealant to the foundation of your home. In addition, apply storm strips around the cracks around doors. Lastly, install mesh screens and seal cracks around windows. This step is crucial in minimizing the number of ants and other nuisance pests from entering into your home.
- Applying an insecticide treatment that targets the source of your ant problem, the colony.
- Working with you to discourage ants from make themselves at home in your home. This is done by modifying your home to make it less welcoming for them.
Additional Ant Facts
- The total biomass of all the ants on the planet is about equal to the total biomass of all 7.5 billion people on the planet.
- Carpenter ants are the largest species of ants in the U.S.
- Out of the 12,500 identified species of ants, Minnesota is home to about 10 different species, with the most common species being the: carpenter ant, pavement ant, field ant, pavement ant, pharaoh ant, and the thief ant.
- One of the most successful groups of social insects. The social structure is necessary for shelter, feeding, and reproduction of the colony.