Get Rid of Asian Lady Beetles Today!
Despite how pretty the various shades of Asian Lady Beetles (lady bugs) may be outside, they aren’t so pretty to look at when your home is covered in them and their excrement. While most are harmless, they are an invasive pest in Minnesota. Our Fall Insect Service or one of our Pest Prevention Plans will prevent Asian Lady Beetles and other bugs from invading your home with our professional grade exterior application. Speak with one of our experts to learn more and schedule your service today!
Contact the Experts
What Can You Expect From Rainbow Pest Experts?
In this day and age you can easily look up the answer to most of your questions and get advice on how you can get rid of Asian Lady Beetles yourself online. However, do-it-yourself projects can quickly get overwhelming and vary in effectiveness. In addition, the answers you find online may not address why you need an expert to get rid of your Asian Lady Beetle problem, in fact you’ll most likely still be left wondering how our Fall Insect Service or Pest Prevention Plans are different or better than other pest control companies or even why should even get professional help. Well, with our services:
- A thorough inspection of your home is conducted to identify the source of infestation and the species. The identification of the species of ant infesting your home is critical to determining how our experts will proceed.
- Our experts will identify possible barriers that will prevent the success of control.
- A detailed control and prevention plan is created and tailored to your home’s needs.
- We offer an optional Foundation Sealing Service to minimize the number of ants as well as other insects from entering your home.
- Our experts only use an EPA approved, professional grade microencapsulated insecticide product designed to withstand a variety of weather elements such as wind, rain & cold. Once dry (about 45 minutes) the product is safe to the touch. It will not stain or damage your siding, paint or foliage.
Are Asian Lady Beetles Harmful?
Asian Lady Beetles are a nuisance pest and are not poisonous to humans or pets. They are not aggressive towards humans; however they do bite on occasion. Some people will have pain and redness associated with an Asian lady beetle bite. Although rare, individuals have reported allergic reactions to them as well.
The Asian lady beetle often emits a foul odor, and a yellow fluid when dying. For this reason, we recommend vacuuming up the pests.
Can I Get Rid of Asian Lady Beetles Myself?
It is possible to get rid of Asian Lady Beetles with a do-it-yourself project; however, can be time consuming, expensive and short lived. Using store bought insecticides also has the potential for mishandling or misapplication and can cause harm to you, your family and pets.
However, our experts provide you with a long term and effective solution. Our experts will:
- Seal all cracks and openings in the foundation of your home, doors, and window. High quality professional grade caulking and silicone sealant is applied to the foundation of your home, applying storm strips around doors, and ensuring mesh screens are installed and cracks around windows are sealed. This step is crucial in minimizing the number of Asian Lady Beetles and other nuisance pests from entering into your home.
- Applying an insecticide treatment 15 feet up the siding of your home as they are flying insects.
Additional Asian Lady Beetle Facts
- Introduced by the US Department of Agriculture to control aphids and scale insects
- An over-wintering pest that will remain active once in your home
- Eat aphids and the juice from the maple tree “helicopter” seeds
- The best time for control is late August to mid-October
- Commonly found in Hudson, Woodbury, Eagan, Apple Valley, Burnsville and other river valley communities
*NOTE: In the event of a long fall, an additional service may be needed. Expect a minimum of 85-90% control.