How to Get Rid of Centipedes Today!
Seeing a centipede dart across the wall or floor is both simultaneously disgusting and terrifying. What’s even more terrifying is seeing more than one in your home. With Rainbow Pest Experts’ one-time Spring Insect Service, one-time Fall Insect Service, or with one of our Pest Prevention Plans, you’ll be sure to be protected from these multi-legged creatures at all times of the year. Schedule your service with one of our experts today!
What Can You Expect With Our Minneapolis Centipede Pest Control?
You may be wondering why you need an expert to get rid of your centipede problem when you may be able to do it yourself. The truth is, even the bravest among us are easily cowed by a centipede. The creepy long legs and unpredictable lightning-quick reflexes can be undeniably frightening. Attempting to tackle centipede pest control on your own can quickly become a daunting task, despite consulting various online guides and resources. So what sets Rainbow Pest Experts apart from DIY attempts and other Minneapolis centipede pest control companies you may ask? With our services:
- A thorough inspection is conducted to identify the source of infestation.
- Our experts will identify possible barriers that will prevent the success of control.
- A detailed control and prevention plan is created and tailored to your home’s needs.
- Our experts only use EPA-approved, professional-grade products designed to withstand a variety of weather elements such as wind, rain, and cold.
- Once dry (about 45 minutes), the product is safe to the touch. It will not stain or damage your siding, paint, or foliage.
- We work with you to implement an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach combining education and home maintenance tips to alter the pest’s habitat and help achieve lasting results.
Are Centipedes Harmful?
Centipedes commonly found in Minneapolis and the rest of Minnesota are not dangerous to humans or pets and are generally harmless. They feed on other insects, including common household pests. Centipedes live in moist areas with decaying leaf litter or other organic materials. When in the home, centipedes dwell in parts of the home with damp and dark environments, such as basements and bathrooms. They don’t bite humans unless pressed or squeezed. In the case that a bite does occur, temporary pain and localized swelling should be expected.
Can I Get Rid Of Centipedes Myself?
Attempting to get rid of centipedes is a daunting task. Getting rid of them can be difficult as they can enter your home through tiny holes and openings around the foundation of your home, windows, and doors. In the spring, centipedes move into your home due to excessive rainfall or when ground moisture forces them to seek dry shelter. However, in the fall, centipedes will come into your home seeking warmth as they look for a protected area for the winter.
As with all DIY projects, there are always drawbacks, some more significant than others. Like we mentioned above, trying to handle centipede pest control on your own can often be time consuming, ineffective, and potentially expensive. There is also the added concern of mishandling or misapplication of insecticides, which can be harmful to your family members’ and pet’s health.
Luckily, with Rainbow Pest Experts, our pros know how to get rid of centipedes and can easily take care of these common concerns. Our experts:
- Use a professional high-grade product that not only takes care of your current infestation but also prevents future infestations.
- Have extensive experience, as they know where to look for possible entrances and how to do it correctly, saving you time and money.
- Provide you with excellent service from the moment you pick up the phone to the moment your service is completed.
Additional Centipedes Facts
- They always have odd numbering pairs of legs
- Centipedes can regenerate any lost legs
- There are over 8000 species in the world, with the house centipede species being the most common in Minnesota