Get Rid of Sow Bugs Today!
Sow bugs may be one of nature’s many natural recyclers. However, you may not feel so open in sharing your home with these creepy crawlies. With Rainbow Pest Experts’ Spring Insect Service, or with one of our Pest Prevention Plan in combination with our Foundation Sealing Service, your home will not only be sow bug free, but free of other insects during all seasons that you usually get these home invaders. Contact one of our experts today!
Contact the Experts
What Can You Expect With Our Sow Bugs Service?
You may be wondering why you need an expert to get rid of your sow bug problem when you can just do-it-yourself or how our services are different or better than other pest control companies and do-it-yourself projects. Well, with our services:
- A thorough inspection of your home is conducted to identify the source of infestation by our highly trained and experienced staff.
- Our experts will identify possible barriers that will prevent the success of control.
- A detailed control and prevention plan is created and tailored to your goals and your home’s needs.
- Our experts only use an EPA approved, professional grade microencapsulated insecticide product designed to withstand a variety of weather elements such as wind, rain & cold. Once dry (about 45 minutes) the product is safe to the touch. It will not stain or damage your siding, paint or foliage.
- We offer an optional Foundation Sealing Service to minimize the number of sow bug as well as other insects from entering your home.
- We work with you to implement an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach combining education, cultural practices such as sanitation, altering the targeted pest’s habitat and chemical applications when necessary to achieve lasting results.
Our treatment is fast acting and starts working within 60 minutes of application and lasts up to 60 days with a 30 day guarantee*.
Are Sow Bugs Harmful?
Sow bugs are not known to carry any diseases nor are they harmful or dangerous to you or your family. These creepy crawlies are unwelcomed within homes more for the eww factor that they evoke more than anything. Sow bugs feed on decaying organic matter so there is no danger to the structure of your home.
Can I Get Rid Of Sow Bugs Myself?
It is possible to get rid of sow bugs with a do-it-yourself project, but there are some drawbacks. It can be time consuming, expensive and ineffective. In addition, using store bought insecticides as part of your project has the potential for mishandling or misapplication can cause harm to you, your family and pets.
However, when you have a large infestation during the spring or fall, the large numbers can quickly become overwhelming. Our experts implement an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to prevent, exclude and reduce the population of sow bugs in your home. This approach includes:
- Sealing all cracks and openings in the foundation of your home, doors, and window. This can be done by applying high quality professional grade caulking and silicone sealant to the foundation of your home, applying storm strips around doors, and ensuring mesh screens are installed and cracks around windows are sealed. This step is crucial in minimizing the number of sow bugs and other nuisance pests from entering into your home.
- Applying a preventative barrier treatment around the foundation of your home, providing a barrier. Our products break down quickly to minimize any long-term threat to the environment while still maintaining effectiveness for up to three months.
- Working with you to discourage sow bugs from taking up residence in your home by modifying the habitat around your home to make it less welcoming for them.
Additional Sow Bugs Facts
- They are a land crustacean related to lobsters, crabs, and crayfish.
- Are often confused with the pill bug, but unlike the pill bug, cannot roll into a ball