Get Rid of Wasps Today!
Perhaps you have noticed that wasps have made a nest in or on your home, or possibly in your yard. Or maybe you have had nests on your home in previous years, and want to ensure they don’t colonize again. Whether you’re deathly afraid of being stung or just worried about protecting your family, stinging insects like wasps and hornets are a major concern. With Rainbow Pest Experts’ Stinging Pest Service, you can get rid of these nuisance pests and reduce your risk of getting stung!
Contact the Experts
What Can You Expect With Our Wasp Service?
You may have questions when it comes to getting rid of wasps from your home. Yes, you can easily look up the answer to all your questions online. However, the answers you find online don’t address why you need an expert to get rid of your wasp problem. Instead, you’re left wondering how our services are different or better than other pest control companies. Better yet, you’ll be wondering why you should even get professional help when you can do-it-yourself. Rainbow Pest Experts, provides expert service:
- First, our expert technician will perform a thorough inspection of your home to correctly identify the type of stinging insect.
- Next, we will identify possible barriers that will prevent the success of control.
- We will apply a professional grade product to eliminate all current colonies (for one flat fee) which also prevents it from returning that season.
- For our preventative service, we treat the exterior of your home to prevent colonization of wasps and hornets for the season.*
Are Wasps Harmful?
Wasps are one of the few insects in Minnesota that are considered harmful. Stings involve an injection of protein venom which for most people causes pain and slight swelling. However, in the case of individuals that are allergic to bee and wasp stings may develop reactions that include: hives, rashes, swelling away from the site of the sting, headache, minor difficulty with breathing, and upset stomach.
Wasps don’t come to mind when asked to name off predators. These scavenger predators feed on a wide variety of food throughout the season and assist us in a variety of ways. However, one thing is certain. Wasps are aggressive if a nest is disturbed or if food sources are scarce. An encounter with an angry wasp usually results in a sting or potentially multiple stings.
Can I Get Rid Of Wasps Myself?
Getting rid of wasps as a do-it-yourself project is challenging when dealing with large infestations or a colony of angry wasps. Our highly trained technicians use professional grade products and safety attire when dealing with active nests.
At Rainbow Pest Experts, we use an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach. We have found this is the best method to get rid of wasps and prevent them from making themselves at home in and around your home. An IPM approach requires the combined efforts from you and our professionals for the most successful long-term results. This approach includes:
- Applying a high-quality professional grade insecticide to kill any active wasp colony.
- Sealing access holes with high-quality professional grade products after all activity within the nest has ceased.
- Working with you on steps you can take to deter wasps from visiting in and around your home as well as crashing any social gatherings you may be having in your yard.
Additional Wasp Facts:
- There are three types of social wasps with the yellow jackets and paper wasps being the most common. True hornets are not found in the Minneapolis & St. Paul area.
- Certain species are used as a biological control for invasive pests such as Emerald Ash Borer.
- Although they are not the most efficient pollinators, they do assist in pollinating flowering plants.
- Unlike bees, one wasp can sting multiple times because they are able to pull out their stinger intact.
- Wasps do not reuse the same nest.
Schedule your service today!