Protect Your Backyard Paradise from Mosquitoes
Summer in Minnesota can be paradise. Except for the mosquitoes–sometimes referred to as the state bird–and rain. While you can’t do anything about the weather, you can protect your outdoor events from the buzz and bite of unwanted party crashers. The experts at Rainbow Pest Experts put together this list for fighting mosquitoes in your yard–along with current health information. Unfortunately, as weather patterns continue to shift, so do the areas in which insect and tick borne illnesses are found.
If you’re planning a special outdoor event, or have a yard with lots of shade and vegetation, you may also want to consider mosquito control treatments.
Protect your family from mosquito bites at home with these tips:
Health concerns remain rare in Minnesota
- West Nile Virus is present in Minnesota. Most people experience mild flu-like symptoms—or none at all. Statistics from the Minnesota Department of Health show that cases remain rare.
- Dengue Fever has only been reported in Minnesota in people who contracted it during international travel.
- Zika virus remains very rare in the US. Pregnant women should not visit areas with a high risk of Zika. Zika spreads by mosquitoes or unprotected sex. The mosquitoes that carry Zika are not found in Minnesota.
- Encephalitis, or swelling of the brain, is a very rare complication from viruses carried by mosquitoes. These include West Nile and La Crosse, which are present in Minnesota.
- Heartworm is a risk for pets that spend time outdoors in Minnesota.
Contact Rainbow Pest Experts to learn more about mosquito control services!
Other items you may be interested in:
Tips to Keep Ticks Off Your Family and Out of Your Home
There are approximately 1,000 cases of tick-borne illnesses, including Lyme disease, diagnosed in Minnesota every year. Certainly, this is cause for concern for you, your
Mosquito & Tick Control
Eliminate the incessant swatting, buzzing, and biting of mosquitoes and ticks for your next outdoor social event or home BBQ.
What To Do About Wasps?
What to Do About Wasps in Minnesota It’s hard to keep your cool when yellow jackets or wasps target your summer picnic. Because they are