Mouse Control Service in Minneapolis
Have you seen mouse droppings scattered around your home, or even a live mouse scurrying across the floor? Dealing with mice can be very frustrating and even fear-provoking. You may have tried to bait or trap them, only to find there are more mice where they came from. With Rainbow Pest Experts’ Mouse Exclusion Service or Pest Prevention Plan, we offer a warrantied,* long-term solution to mice. Speak with one of our experts today to learn more about our mouse service! While do-it-yourself mouse control tactics can work in the short term, baiting and trapping will not remove the problem at the source.
How Exterminators Get Rid of Mice
Wondering if you need an expert to handle your mouse problem? With our Mouse Exclusion Service you will receive a long term solution. Our team provides the most successful mouse control services in the Minnesota. Our goal as pest experts is not only to solve your mice problem, but to keep them from coming back. Your service will include:
- Inspect your home to identify the source of infestation.
- Identify possible barriers that will prevent the success of control.
- Create a detailed control and prevention plan, tailored to your goals and your home’s needs.
- Place tamper proof, locked bait stations that require a special key to open. The bait cannot be shaken out, providing safety to your family and pets.
- Seal your foundation with contractor-grade materials, to prevent additional mice from entering.
Is an Exterminator Worth It for Mice?
While mice themselves are generally harmless, they are known carriers of a variety of pests and diseases that in some cases may be harmful to you, your family or pets. Mice can contaminate food and food preparation areas by coming into contact with them or leaving droppings.
Although not as common, their droppings can also cause asthma, especially in individuals that are sensitive. In rare cases, a bite from a mouse can result in rat-bite fever, a potentially deadly disease if not treated. Equally important, mice, especially mice entering your home from outside, are known carriers of fleas who carry a wide variety of parasites and diseases. Regardless of their mostly harmless presence, you may not want to share your home with them!
What is the Best Mouse Control Tactic?
The most successful and permanent solution for mouse control in the home is to prevent them from entering in the first place! By eliminating all openings through which they can enter a structure, you will have a long term solution.
Doing it yourself can be costly and time-consuming — our experts spend an average of 4 hours on each seal-up and use a variety of contractor-grade materials. Unless you are experienced in-home repair, this could easily take a day of your time plus the dollars spent on necessary items.
Here are the steps we take to make sure you have a long-term solution to your mouse problem. (Read how our experts remove mice from your home for good.)
- We conduct a thorough inspection to find where the mice are getting in and how best to eliminate the current population.
- Place sealed bait stations based on our inspection.
- Seal up any possible entry point on the exterior of your home ¼ of an inch or larger as part of our Stage 2.
- Use high-quality commercial-grade products including: flashing, concrete, copper mesh and elastic sealant, which moves and shifts with the structure. This is important in Minnesota with the extreme temperatures we experience.
Additional Mouse Facts
- Are rapid breeders and can produce as many as 56 pups per year.
- Can fit through an opening the diameter of a pencil.
NOTE: *Warranty: If only Stage 1 is selected, it is covered by a 60-day warranty. However, the full service (Stage 1 and 2) is covered by a 2-year limited warranty and 2 additional free mouse-related visits within 2 years of foundation work.
Contact the Experts